- July 10 Network Outage
On Sunday, July 10th there will be a network outage that will impact about one-third of campus from 8am to 1pm.
- Modernizing Departmental Phone Bills
As part of the Teams Calls project we are modernizing the budget process around billing for phone service. Many departments will no longer need to process a monthly bill as the average cost per line will decrease to a flat rate.
- Account information for graduating students
So you've graduated...now what? Find out what happens to your access to IT services when your role at the university changes from a student to alumni.
- A New Phone System for W&M - Teams Calls
W&M's phone service will be moving to Microsoft Teams Calls, bringing you an easy-to-use system with more flexibility and reduced phone costs!
- New Blackboard Trainings Available
Learn more about the Grade Center, Assignments and Test Building by attending one of these new Blackboard training sessions.
- Blackboard Courses from Fall 2019 to be Archived on 5/4
Export or archive your Blackboard courses from Fall 2019 to maintain readily available access to them.
- Improvements coming to lab printing on campus
Beginning when students return from spring break, there will be a new and improved way to print in labs on campus.
- New features available in Zoom
A recent update by Zoom now makes it possible to add preferred pronouns to your Zoom profile, enter focus mode during a meeting and set and save a custom gallery view order.
- How to email from Class Roster in Banner 9 Self-Service
We recently discovered that faculty are unable to send an email from Banner 9 Self-Service if they do not have an email client installed. Here's helpful information on how to work around that issue.
- Student Email - Getting Started with O365
Here are some tips for getting started with Microsoft O365 email as well as answers to your questions about the email transition.
- New accessibility & communication tools coming to Blackboard
There are two new tools coming to Blackboard beginning in Spring 2022 that will enhance accessibility and communication within the platform.
- Gmail & Calendar Transition to Office 365
While Google Workspace apps are here to stay, students will now be given email and calendar access in Microsoft O365 with an @wm.edu address.
- Banner 9 Self-Service
Information Technology is working with administrative offices to deploy the newest version of Banner 9 Self-Service. This new version not only improves the user interface but also provides enhanced functionality and a streamlined design. The transition is a work in progress with anticipated release dates posted below.
- Returning to Campus
How to reset and reconnect your IT equipment when you return to work on campus.
- Microsoft Authentication (Azure AD)
- Classroom Modifications for Blended Learning - 2021-2022 Academic Year
Classrooms are equipped with equipment to support blended learning, including the ability to record classroom lectures.