As a W&M alum, you can
to help students and fellow alumni.
We provide career support for alumni who've graduated within the last 3 years:
You can still make use of the Career Center's resources. This is what we can still offer you as an alumni:
- Alumni who need help with their job search strategies, can schedule one-on-one advising sessions with the Career Center staff. Call 757-221-3231 to schedule an appointment, which can be conducted via phone if necessary.
- If you are in the area, you are welcome to participate in many of the Career Centers' events, including career fairs.
- You can access the job postings that employers send us through TribeCareers: alumni who graduated after 2007 already have an account there, while more experienced alumni will have to create an account. Bear in mind that most of the jobs that employers send to the W&M Career Center are entry level.
Resumes & CVs
- In the midst of a transition in your career, reformulating your resume or curriculum vitae can be daunting. We offer samples and other resources specifically for alumni.
- Networking is still a vital part of the job process.
If it has been more than 3 years since your graduation:
You can still find career-related assistance through W&M. Michael Steelman, Director of Alumni Career Services, is available to assist you, as well as W&M's social networks.
- As the Director of Alumni Career Management and Professional Networks at the College of William and Mary, Michael Steelman designs programs and resources to enhance the professional success of nearly 100,000 alumni globally.
- Phone: (202) 836 - 8614
- Email: [[w|masteelman]]
What Are Our Alumni Doing Now?
Curious to see what William & Mary alumni are doing after graduation? Liberal Arts @ Work showcases many notable alums and how their W&M education helped them in their journey.
How You Can Help
We rely heavily on alumni to provide advice and insights to students and fellow alumni about current industry and career field trends. We encourage alumni to join the official W&M LinkedIn group: the W&M Network (Official Group).
And, of course, we urge alumni to post jobs and internships