2023 IGNITE - October 2 - 4, 2023
- Enhance William & Mary's faculty pipeline by establishing and developing significant meaningful relationships with prospects, especially those from groups underrepresented in the professorate, with a focus on historically underrepresented minorities in the United States.
- Provide the opportunity for participants to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and rewards of a faculty career.
- Develop a network of emerging scholars in priority research areas who could be candidates for current and future vacancies at William & Mary.
IGNITE provides participants with the opportunity for professional development, and to have candid discussions with department heads, deans, and early career faculty members about life in academia. As a part of the experience, participants will be offered opportunities to tour campus and research facilities, meet with current faculty to gain a greater awareness of research and teaching opportunities, discuss their career prospects and academic work, attend workshops, and present a job talk.
Participants are also expected to:
- Be a graduate student or post-doctoral scholar seeking a faculty position at a research intensive institution;
- Demonstrate career goals, research interests, and academic potential that align with William & Mary's mission and programs;
- Be able to meaningfully contribute to the university's continuing commitment to inclusive excellence as reflected by The Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
Deadline to apply is Friday, August 4th.
W&M News & Media Article - IGNITE preps future faculty for careers, introduces W&M to diverse applicant pool