The Office of Diversity & Inclusion spearheads the university's diversity efforts. As a part of that mission, it helps to prevent discrimination and harassment.
We are committed to creating a university community that is representative and inclusive of individuals with different backgrounds, talents and skills. We work to ensure that William & Mary is a community where all faculty, staff and students feel supported and affirmed.
Diversity News @ W&M
- Bridging the divide: Supporting veterans and military students and alumni at W&M
- Matt Brandon ’92 to lead W&M Alumni Association
- W&M Libraries partners with local Black churches to preserve important church records
- William & Mary’s iGEM team returns from Paris bearing Gold
- Foster recognized for being an advocate and resource for student veterans
- W&M honored with Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award for 5th year
- Alumna creates first endowment for diversity programs
- ‘A permanent marker of their existence’: W&M dedicates memorial to the enslaved
- McLeod Library Launches Free Resource Guide on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award