- Enhance William & Mary's faculty pipeline by establishing and developing significant meaningful relationships with prospects, especially those from groups underrepresented in the professorate, with a focus on historically underrepresented minorities in the United States.
- Provide the opportunity for participants to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and rewards of a faculty career.
- Develop a network of emerging scholars in priority research areas who could be candidates for current and future vacancies at William & Mary.
IGNITE provides participants with the opportunity for professional development, and to have candid discussions with department heads, deans, and early career faculty members about life in academia. As a part of the experience, participants will be offered opportunities to tour campus and research facilities, meet with current faculty to gain a greater awareness of research and teaching opportunities, discuss their career prospects and academic work, attend workshops, and present a job talk.
Participants are also expected to:
- Be a graduate student or post-doctoral scholar seeking a faculty position at a research intensive institution;
- Demonstrate career goals, research interests, and academic potential that align with William & Mary's mission and programs;
- Be able to meaningfully contribute to the university's continuing commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence as reflected by The Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
Apply for the 2021 IGNITE Future Faculty Development Program by October 8, 2021.