Built-in help as you submit your page.
When you submit new and revised assets, Cascade performs a content check for spelling errors, broken links, and basic accessibility issues. If errors appear, use the left and right arrow buttons at the top of the Content Checker window to move between the tabs and review the errors. After completing the review, the checkmark button will turn blue for submission.
The Spell Check checks and reports all words (in asset content and metadata) that are not found in the system dictionary.
You have the following options for handling each misspelled word:
- Ignore: Disregard the word.
- Fix: Enter your own correction or choose from a list of suggested replacements.
The Link Check ensures that all links between assets in the system and links to external resources are valid. The Broken Link column lists the URL of the broken link, and the Link Text column lists the text wrapped for hyperlinks or the tag name for other types of links. You can click the question mark icon to the left of each link for more information on why the link is considered invalid.
You have two options for handling each broken link:
- Ignore: Disregard the link.
- Fix: Enter a corrected URL in a text box (for external links) or choose an asset within Cascade CMS via an asset chooser (for internal links).
The Accessibility content check ensures WYSIWYG content complies with the following accessibility guidelines:
- Image (img) tags must have alternate text describing the graphic.
- Table captions should not be empty.
For each issue found, you have the following options:
- View Non-Compliant Content: View the specific HTML markup flagged during the check.
- Ignore: Disregard the issue.
- Fix: Enter a value for the missing or flagged content. For example: alternate text for an image or caption for a table.
The table caption will preview for you in the WYSIWYG at the top of your table, however it is only presented to screen readers and will not be displayed on the page.