Drafts & Working Copies
Saving a draft, or checking out and locking an asset
When you edit an asset, Cascade automatically saves a draft of your changes. You can preview these changes before submitting them by clicking "Save & Preview."
When do drafts come in handy?
- Drafts allow you to save a partially-updated version of an asset to be completed later without the risk of those changes being published accidentally.
- They also allow you to preview your changes on a rendered page as they're made without having to submit a new version of the asset.
- Drafts, especially automatic drafts, help prevent loss of data in the event of a browser or computer crash.
Drafts allow you to save and preview changes to an asset to submit later, but if you'd like to prevent other users from editing the same asset you're working on, you can exclusively check-out / lock any asset by selecting More > Check-out/Lock.
This creates a Working Copy of the asset, with which you can:
- Commit Changes, which finalizes and submits the changes.
- Break Lock, which discards your changes.
- Reassign the lock to another user.
Your locked assets are listed in the My Content menu or dashboard widget under Locked Assets. If an asset has a working copy, you can view it by switching to the Working Copy view.