Note: IT is working to deploy the newest version of Banner 9 Self-Service in conjunction with various departments and offices on campus.
Faculty, students and staff members are automatically given Banner Self-Service accounts. Self-Service is used for a wide variety of purposes, such as registration for students and timesheets for employees.
To access Self-Service, go to my.wm.edu and click on the Banner button.
Note: Banner has a nightly back-up maintenance outage starting at 3:30 am.
Depending on your role at W&M, you will see one or more of the following menu items. These items will appear automatically, and you do not need to request them.
- Personal Information - Access and update your own records.
- Employee - All employees are given Self-Service accounts when HR creates their employee record. From here employees can access timesheet and tax information; and view benefits, leave balances, and pay stubs.
- Faculty - Instructional faculty will use this option to see class enrollment lists, input grades and overrides, and view class schedules.
- Student & Financial Aid - Students get a Self-Service account after admission to the university. Students use this to register for classes, check grades, verify records, access financial aid information, and housing assignments.
Finance Self-Service is a bit different than the other Self-Service options, because it needs to be requested and approved.
- Finance - Used by departments and grant administrators to view finance and budget information. Request access to Finance Self-Service by logging in to Request IT and submitting a Banner Access Request. If we do not already have a Banner Confidentiality Agreement on file for you, you will be asked to complete one.
Refer to these websites for information on how to use Banner Self-Service:Employees
- Payroll information (Financial Operations) Electronic W2, Pay Stubs
- FERPA and Banner (University Registrar)
Faculty and Staff Resources (Registrar) Grading, Grade Changes, Class Rosters, Room Scheduling, Overrides
Resources for Advisors (Academic Advising)
Sending an email using Banner 9 Self-Service Class Roster.
Contact the Technology Support Center (TSC)
757-221-4357 (HELP) | [[support]] | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm