Important! Beginning June 1st, Banner 9 will be available for use with the PROD database to all Banner Admin users.
During our transition to Banner 9, you will be able to work in either Banner 8 or Banner 9. All instances of Banner can be accessed from the IT Links web page. The target date for retiring Banner 8 is October 12, 2018.
In order to access Banner 9 you will need to use Duo two factor authentication. Duo enrollment instructions available here.
Connect to Banner 8 Admin PROD (on campus)
Mac Users can use this link to Banner Admin PROD for a better screen resolution.
Off-campus? View your options for Banner Admin access from off-campus.
Banner 8 Admin
Faculty and staff use Banner Admin to manage financial, student and human resource information. Access to Banner Admin is restricted and must be approved. To justify access, users must demonstrate a legitimate need to for access to confidential department data. Training is required for access to be granted.
Need password help? Check our Password Information page
Banner has a nightly back-up maintenance outage starting at 3:30 am.
Banner Admin will timeout after 60 minute of inactivity. Reinitiate your session by following the prompts to login. You will be required to enter your Banner Username, Password, and the Database name (usually "prod").
Requirements for Access
- Login to Request IT and submit a Banner Access Request form.
- If we do not already have a Banner Confidentiality Agreement on file for you, you will be asked to submit one. Follow instructions for submission.
- Complete the Banner Admin Navigation Training. Course must be passed before access is given.
- Functional training is usually required.
Projects with a Banner Component
Links to Banner 8 Admin Databases
Banner users will primarily use the PROD database of Banner Admin. So what does PROD mean anyway? PROD stands for production - as in the production of live data. The other Banner databases are primarily used for testing and training.
During training, you will use the TEST database.
- TEST - For training purposes as well as a long-term testing area
Only a handful of Banner users will use the following Banner databases (and you know who you are.) These databases are refreshed weekly on Sunday nights.
- USER - Administrative testing and troubleshooting
- PPRD - Final testing area for the development of new programs
- DEVL - Development of new programs. (Designated for IT development)
- UPGR - Upgrade Testing
You can also use the IT Links page to reach these databases.
Use Discoverer to run reports from Banner.