Those sprinkled throughout the center column of your site.
(If you do not have photo editing software available to you, try one of these image editors.)
Step 1: Prepare your images
Crop and save images to your computer. We recommend .jpg for all photos and for graphics without a transparency. For graphics with transparency, we recommend .png.
Content images do not have a required size, but for many typical uses they are approximately 100 to 300 pixels wide, depending on use of the right column and desired visual effect on the page. A content image never needs to be wider than 920 px (the widest view of the center column with no right column in place).
Step 2: Upload images to Cascade
Step 3: Add images to a page
- Edit the page on which you want the image to appear. Place your cursor where the image should be inserted.
- Click Insert/edit image () on the tool bar.
- Click Choose File to select the image uploaded in Cascade.
- Update the Image Description field with custom descriptive text. This will also serve as alt text for screen readers. This field will auto-populate with your image's Display Name default alt text to get you started.
- Optional: Adjust the displayed image dimensions if necessary. Images should be cropped before uploading to Cascade, so adjustments to the dimensions in this step should be minor.
- Optional: Use the Class dropdown to align the photo. If you'd like the text of your page to wrap around an image, choose photo-left or photo-right. If you wish to also caption your image, choose photo-left-with-caption or photo-right-with-caption. If you would like your photo to be centered with no text wrapping, choose either photo-center or photo-center-with-caption. If you would like your photo left aligned (this happens by default), with no text wrapping and a caption, select photo-with-caption. The caption will come from the Image Description field you previously entered.
Alternate method to align/caption your image
Once you have inserted your image on the page, you can set your alignment and caption preferences.
- If you'd like the text of your page to wrap around an image, select the image and choose photo-left or photo-right from the Formats >> Custom menu.
- If you wish to caption your image, select the image and choose photo-left-with-caption or photo-right-with-caption from the Formats >> Custom menu. The caption will come from the Image Description field in the Insert/edit image dialog box.
- If you would like to center your image, select photo-center or photo-center-with-caption.
- If you would like your photo to be left aligned (this is the default) with a caption, select photo-with-caption.
- To change the format applied to an image, first clear the current formatting (select the image and then Format >> Clear Formatting) and then apply the new format.