If you do not have photo editing software available to you, try one of these image editors.
Step 1: Create and upload a square thumbnail
- Crop your thumbnail image to 100 x 100 pixels or 200 x 200 pixels (required for W&M News) and save. We recommend .jpg for all photos and for graphics without a transparency. For graphics with transparency, we recommend .png. To simplify your upload process, save your image with a name using no spaces that is all lowercase.
- In Cascade, navigate to the appropriate images folder and upload your image.
Step 2: Link the thumbnail photo to the news story or feature page
- Edit the news story or feature page
- Under the "Thumbnail Images" heading, select Choose File to select the image and click Choose.
- To save, select Preview Draft and then Submit >> Check Content & Submit.