Contact Info for Place Row
The contact info for place row neatly presents information about your office or department, separated into three optional section types: Address or Location, Hours and Contact Us (email, phone number, etc.).
- Provide visitors with ways to contact or visit your office.
- Recreate right column listboxes containing contact information.
Create a New Row
- Select your rows storage folder — this is likely labeled _rows or similar. If you don't have one yet, build one now.
- From the top menu, select Add Content > Rows > Contact Info for Place.
Available Fields & Options
- Page Name: Required field; this is your row's file name in Cascade; customize the default name of row-contact-place.
- Title: Required field; used as a section header for screen readers and should be meaningful.
- Show title?
- If unchecked: The title is used by screen readers, but not visually displayed.
- If checked: The title is prominently displayed at the top of the row.
- Row Theme: select one of the available colors as the row's default theme. Elements within the row will be color-coordinated and optimized for design and accessibility. When placing the row on a page, the theme should be selected for that page.
- Intro Text: Option to add simple text below the title and above the icon cards. Text appears center justified and can include links, bold and italics.
- Department or Office Name: Required field; example: "University Web & Design." We recommend omitting phrases like "Department of..." or "Office of..." for a cleaner presentation.
- Show Social Media Links?: Choose whether to display social media links beneath your department or office name.
- If Yes is selected, a Social Media Links section will appear. Enter your department or office's social media account info in the provided text boxes.
Choose a section type of Address or Location, Hours or Contact Us. Use the green + to add additional sections. Use the arrows to reorder them. Minimum of 2. Maximum of 3.
Address or Location
- Section Header: Required; "Address" is provided by default.
- Address 1 or Building Named: Required field.
- Address 2-4: Additional fields for longer address conventions.
- State/Territory: Choose from the dropdown menu. For international addresses or territories not included, select "none" and use the City field to provide the relevant information.
- Zip Code
- Link Text: Option to include a link to more location information. "Maps & Directions" is provided as suggested link text. For locations included in the Campus Map, link to the building's location page.
- Internal Link: Use to link the text to an available Cascade asset. For www.wm.edu, the Campus Map building location pages are located within the about > visiting > campusmap > location folder.
- External Link: Use to link the text to an asset not available to you within Cascade.
- Section Header: Required; "Hours" is provided by default.
- Day(s): List days individually or as ranges ("Mon-Wed").
- Hours: List hours following the recommended style of 8am-5pm, 1:30pm-8pm, etc.
- Link Text: Option to include a link to more hours information. "More Info" is provided as suggested link text.
- Internal Link: Use to link the text to an available Cascade asset.
- External Link: Use to link the text to an asset not available within your Cascade Site.
To add additional hours entries, use the green + button. Use the arrow buttons to reorder them.
- Section Header: Required; "Contact Us" is provided by default.
- Contact Info: Choose from Email, Phone/Fax and Other
- Label: "Email" is provide by default.
- Email Address: Enter the email address. For W&M email addresses, use the available email protection.
- Label: "Phone" is provided by default.
- Phone/Fax Number: When writing phone or fax numbers, use the following style: 757-555-5555.
- Label: Use this field to introduce an alternate method for contacting your office. Examples include a request form or online appointment system. See sample rows, below.
- Text: Provide text or link text for the contact method. To hyperlink the text, use the Internal Link or External Link fields. See sample rows, below.
- Internal Link: Use to link text to an available Cascade asset.
- External Link: Use to link text to an asset not available to you within Cascade.
Updating Row Content
- To update the content of a row, edit and publish the row file.
- You do not need to publish the pages displaying the row.
- If a row is unpublished or deleted, it will no longer appear on any live pages.
Tip: If you move or rename a row file, you will then need to publish any pages displaying the row. Not sure which pages are using the row? Check for relationships to the row.
Example Contact Info for Place Rows
Below, we offer sample rows to demonstrate a selection of suggested uses and best practices.