Understanding a Borrowed Content Page vs. Folder with Redirect Page
Creating a Folder with Borrowed Content Page puts a copy of the original page in a new location and keeps the content in sync with the original. Creating a Folder with Redirect Page simply adds a link to your menu that takes users to the page in its original location.
Create a Borrowed Page
- Navigate to and select the parent folder for your Borrowed Page.
- Select Add Content > Borrowed Items > Folder with Borrowed Content Page
- Fill in the Folder Name (all lowercase, no spaces)
- Enter a Display Name (this will show in your menus and breadcrumbs).
- Check the box "Display in Menu?" if this page is eligible to display in your site menus - you will hide your page if you UN-check this box.
- Edit the index page of the folder you just created.
- Set the right column, parent and sibling checkboxes. These adjust the right column and left menu on this page only.
- Under Referenced Item, click Choose Page to select the original Content Page you wish to borrow (some other index page) and click Choose.
- Save & Preview. Note that in the preview in Cascade, there is an Original Page link at the top. This does not display on the published page. This indicates to editors in Cascade that this is a borrowed page and it can be used to navigate to the original page in Cascade.
- Click Submit >> Check Content & Submit
- Publish the parent folder.
- When the original Content page is edited, the changes will be applied to this Borrowed Page and display on the live site once the borrowed version is published.
You cannot borrow a Borrowed page. You must locate the original version and borrow it. An original page can be borrowed multiple times.