Use this feature to add someone to your directory that already has an existing directory page elsewhere in Cascade.
Step 1: The Essentials
- Navigate to and select your directory folder.
- Select Add Content >> Borrowed Directory Page.
- Fill in an appropriate Page Name (no spaces, all lowercase) — the standard is "lastname_firstinitial".
- Enter the First Name, Last Name, and Position or Rank fields. These will be unique to this page, and NOT borrowed from the original.
- Set the parent and sibling checkboxes. These adjust the left menu on this page only.
- In the Content section, click Choose Page and browse to the existing Directory Page you wish to borrow and click Choose to confirm.
- Save & Preview to review your draft. Note that in the preview in Cascade, there is an Original Directory Page link at the top. This does not display on the published page. This indicates to editors in Cascade that this is a borrowed item, and it can be used to internally navigate to the original in Cascade.
- Click Submit >> Check Content & Submit.
- Publish your directory folder.
- On your website this page will appear in your directory with its unique name and position or rank. When the original Directory page is edited, the changes will automatically be applied to this Borrowed Directory Page and display on the live site once the borrowed version is published.
Step 2: Add right-column elements (optional)
You cannot borrow a Borrowed page. You must locate the original version and borrow it. An original page can be borrowed multiple times.