Employees must complete a W-4, VA-4, and Direct Deposit Form
- IRS Form W-4 should be completed electronically as a part of FNIS (see below)
- VA-4 should be completed electronically (docx) in Banner
- Direct Deposit Form should be completed in paper format and returned to Payroll.
IRS Form W-4 (and FNIS)
- Email the [[payofc, Payroll Office]] with the Subject Line: New International Employee: Needs FNIS. The employee should include their name, W&M email and 930#.
- The Payroll Office will then send the employee the link for FNIS (Foreign National Information System) to complete the W-4 electronically.
- Completing the W-4 electronically through FNIS ensures that the appropriate tax treaties are applied. This will help the employee be paid the correct amount.
Additional Information from Payroll
- The Payroll Department offers additional information for International Employees.
Contact Payroll Customer Service: 757-221-2848