Whether you are a student, faculty member, or community organization, we are here to support you.
For faculty who would like to integrate community-based learning, please view the information for faculty.
For community organizations looking to connect with William & Mary students, please view the information for our community partners.
Direct partnerships between students and community organizations are an important way to develop active citizenship and address community identified need. Community partnerships are established with the expectation that:
- student involvement will help meet identified community needs;
- students will have a real and measurable impact on the community;
- students will gain knowledge and skills through their experience;
- community partners will participate in training, supervising, and evaluating student volunteers; and
- community partners are educators in an experiential learning setting.
To help facilitate successful partnerships between community organizations and students, we encourage that volunteers and organizations create written expectations for their work together. We have created a basic community work plan that you may use to set expectations about volunteer times, impact, and general expectations. You can download a PDF version.