William & Mary maintains printers around campus in public spaces. You can configure your notebook to print directly to these printers or sign on and print from a lab machine. Please note printing from Chromebooks is not supported.
Printing is charged at a rate of $0.07 per page, with charges emailed monthly to students.
From A Lab Machine
Printers generally connect automatically on lab machines. However, you may want to connect an additional printer, connect a printer that failed to automatically connect, or remove/reattach a printer that seems to be experiencing trouble. If you do NOT need to detach/remove a printer, skip to step 3 below:
- To remove/reattach a problematic printer, go to Start and click on "Printers".
- Look for the printer you want to remove. Right-click on it and choose "Delete" from the menu, or "Delete this printer" from the menu bar across the top of the "Printers" window.
- Go to Start, choose "Run..." and type in \\print3. Press ENTER
- This should open a list of printers you can connect to. Find the printer in your lab (for instance, SwemICE or "Swem Info Com E" if you are in Swem) and double-click on it. This will connect you to the printer and allow you to print.
Install - Windows 8.1 or 10
- Open the command line (to do this you can select the Windows key + R, at the same time on the keyboard) or search for Run.
- Type \\print3.campus.wm.edu\printername as listed below into the start search box.
- You will be prompted for a user name. Type campus\your W&M Username and enter your password.
- Trouble? See this document for Detailed printer troubleshooting steps (pdf) or our Troubleshooting Tips.
Add Printer – Mac OS X 10.8 or above
- Navigate to “Print & Fax” or “Print & Scan” in System Preferences (click the Apple Logo in the upper left corner).
- Click on the “+” button on the bottom left of the Printers & Scanners window.
- Right click on the empty space between “Windows” and the “Search” bar. (On a
Macintosh laptop use 2 fingers to push down on the the trackpad to perform
4. A drop down menu should appear. Select, “Customize toolbar.”
5. Drag the gear icon labeled, “Advanced” to the blank area you originally right clicked.
When icon appears on the main tool bar click DONE.
Tool bar should resemble the image below:
6. Click on the “Advanced” icon.
7. Settings should be set to the following:
Type: Windows printer via spoolss
URL: smb://print3.campus.wm.edu/LOCATION (e.g. SwemICE)
Location: type in where the printer is located
USE: Generic PCL Printer
8. Click “ADD” to finish configuration.
9. To print:
- Print normally from document, etc. to print3 printer.
- A prompt should appear asking for your WM user ID & password.
- Boswell 240 Lab (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\mort240)**
- Boswell 244 Lab (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\mort242)**
- ISC 3248 (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\ISC3248)**
- Miller Hall Business Library 2034 (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\mhbl2034)
- Miller Hall Under Graduate Wing (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\mhugw1085)
- Miller Hall Lower Level (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\mhll0015)
- Miller Hall Graduate Wing (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\mhgw1011) *Only available to Mason School of Business Graduate Students
- Swem 1st Floor Info Commons West (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\SwemICW)**
- Swem 1st Floor Info Commons East (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\SwemICE)**
- Swem 2nd Floor (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\swem2nd)**
- Swem 3rd Floor (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\swem3rd)**
- Sadler Study Lounge (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\uc) **
- Wolf Law School Lab (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\mwll)**
- Wolf Law Library 1st Floor (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\MW1st)**
- Wolf Law Library 2nd Floor (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\MW2nd)**
- Wolf Law Library 1st Floor RefPlex (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\MWRef)
- Ewell Hall Music Library 250 (\\print3.campus.wm.edu\musicp4015)
Contact the Technology Support Center (TSC)
757-221-4357 (HELP) | [[support]] | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm