Resources for... William & Mary
William & Mary W&M menu close William & Mary


Most of the forms linked below are provided as "fillable" pdfs. For best results, we recommend you download the pdf, enter text in the fillable fields. 

For now, please email all forms to [[academicaffairs]].

Signatures: Emailed pdf forms still need signatures. Use Adobe Acrobat to complete the form, and follow instructions under the "Sign a PDF/Steps to Sign a PDF" on the Adobe site. If multiple signatures are needed, be sure to select the"multiple signers" option.

We recommend submitting forms as soon as possible as it can take up to 4-5 weeks for a decision.

Changing Advisors
Committee on Degrees Petitions
  • Policy Waiver Request - COD Petition [pdf]  Ask that you be allowed to eliminate a requirement. Petition approval is generally given only in extraordinary circumstances.
  • Course Substitution Request - Ask to substitute a required course with a different course.
    • COD Petition [pdf] - for COLL or proficiency requirement substitutions.
  • Revoke College Credits Earned before Matriculation -  Revoke college credits earned in high school or a previous college if the department believes that the preparation received was inadequate to succeed in subsequent coursework. The revocation of credits renders a student ineligible to receive GI Bill benefits.
  • Change Course Grading Basis - COD Petition [pdf]  Change the grading basis for a course (to Pass/Fail, to Audit, to standard letter grade). Submit before the course withdrawal deadline.
  • Academic Planner [pdf]  Plan which courses to take when, so that you fulfill all requirements and graduate on your schedule.
  • Audit a Course [pdf]  Credits for audited courses do not count toward the 12 credit minimum.
  • Internship for Academic Credit [pdf]  To qualify, internships must be supervised by a faculty member and include a hands-on project and written report.
  • Permission to Pre-register for 17-18 Credits [pdf]  If you are within 2 semesters of graduating and require 33 or more credit hours to graduate.
  • Change Scheduled Examination [DocuSign]  If one of your exam times conflicts with another, or you have 3 scheduled exams in 4 consecutive exam periods, or you want to take your exam with another section of the same course taught by the same instructor.
  • Enroll in Graduate-level Course for Undergraduate Credit [pdf]  If you have a GPA of at least 2.5 overall and 3.0 in the course's subject field, have taken the prerequisites, and the course is relevant to your program.
  • Enroll in Graduate-level Course for Graduate Credit [pdf]  If you have a GPA of at least 3.0 overall, you may take up to 6 hours of graduate-level courses for graduate-level credit during your senior year. These hours must be in excess of all requirements for the bachelor's degree.
Majors and Minors
Test & Transfer Credits