Marketing Intern for Website, Design, Social Media, Print Publications, and Special Events
The Department of Campus Recreation is seeking a Marketing Assistant for the 2016-2017 academic year.
Preferred Work Experience: Established portfolio of quality work in marketing including, but not limited to print, web and other social media formats. Experience with appropriate software applications (such as Microsoft Publisher and Adobe Photoshop).
Position Overview: Assist in marketing and promotion of all departmental programs and services. Collaborate with Campus Recreation professionals and student employees to assist executing a marketing plan.
- Submit announcements to email listservs such as student happenings and the WM Greek digest
- Maintain Campus Rec WM Event calendars
- Assist with maintaining Social Media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Photograph events throughout the year, update and manage photo galleries online and within the department network drive.
- Seek avenues for increasing visibility of Campus Recreation within the William and Mary Community.
- Update and regularly monitor the department website including posting Blogs, Announcements, Building Hours, etc. to assure that information is current.
- Assisting with creating print publications for the Campus Recreation Department, such as posters, fliers, bulletin boards, and the Stall St. Journal.
- Distribute posters/fliers to designated campus outlets (i.e. posters to Sadler Center).
- Assist with updating the boards at the Campus Center
- Attend special events throughout the year and assist with marketing and tabling (late night, bee & goody 5K, stress relief programming)
Unpaid, applicants will be expected to get approval for academic credit from their department advisor.
Interested applicants should complete an online application.