Patron Service Assistants (PSA's) are responsible for providing effective and courteous customer service and equipment rental services to patrons of the Student Recreation Center. More specifically, Patron Service Assistantsare responsible for all of the duties involved with daily operations for the Front Desk and Equipment Center.
These duties include, but are not limited to, being knowledgeable of department programs, activities, and policies; handling monetary transactions; registering patrons for various programs and activities; equipment check-out; maintaining patron safety and rapport; and upholding a level of professionalism required of all Recreational Sports employees.
PSA's will work in conjunction with Facility Supervisors, the Equipment Center Manager, the Student Development Graduate Assistant, the Student Development Assistant Director, other Student Recreation Center Staff and each other in fulfilling these duties.
- Be knowledgeable of department programs, activities, and policies as well as facility issues and announcements.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and trainings.
- Communicate with co-workers and supervisors in a timely and appropriate manner. This includes providing and updating contact information as needed.
- Ensuring that shift responsibilities are completed. This includes finding a qualified substitute to cover shifts that cannot be worked.
- Greet patrons as they enter the Rec Center and swipe their W&M ID cards.
- Answer the front desk telephone.
- Sell membership cards, FitWell passes, locker rentals, and guest fees.
- Sign up patrons for Intramural Sports.
- Clean the cardiovascular and weight machines
- Responsible for van check-in and check-out.
- Equipment checkout and sales.
- All PSA's are required to participate in review sessions throughout the year, as well as maintaining current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications.
- Perform other duties as requested.