Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with field and playing equipment setup and administrative functions.
- Assist the Intramural Supervisor in inspecting the game site to ensure safe playing conditions.
- Communicate intramural sport rules with captains and participants.
- Ensure player safety and maintain the integrity of the game.
- Enforce game rules and Intramural policies.
- Promote sportsmanship among players.
- Receive feedback from Intramural Supervisors and apply instruction.
- Assist with field and playing equipment storage and administrative functions.
- Provide positive public relations, program promotion, and policy education to participants.
- Provide a friendly, upbeat and customer service oriented environment at all times.
Required ExperienceMust attend Intramural Sports Official training meetings, practice scrimmages, and clinic(s).
Paid training, no prior experience necessary.
Preferred ExperiencePrevious officiating experience preferred.
Period of EmploymentEmployment as an Intramural Sports Official is seasonal and based on the schedule of team sports.
Compensation and hoursPay range: $7.25 per hour for new employees with a $.25 raise for successive years officiating a sport.
Officials must be available to work weeknights and weekends. Shifts are self-selected and flexible.