The Foreign Lands Ambassador Group (FLAG) gives international students the opportunity to share their countries and cultures with local pre-school children and senior community members. In doing so, the program promotes international exchange, nurtures cross-cultural understanding and friendship, and strengthens the connection between William & Mary students and the local community.
The program has blossomed into a weekly exchange that allows our Foreign Lands Ambassadors to share folktales, pictures, songs, dances, and other cultural interests with community members in an open and friendly environment.
Williamsburg Campus Child Care (WCCC)
- FLAG sessions usually last for about 45 minutes.
- Class sizes range from 10-18 students between the ages of three and five.
- WCCC is located on the William & Mary campus.
- FLAG sessions usually last for about an hour.
- Group size range from 10-20 senior community members.
- The Reves Center provides transportation to and from Verena Reserve.
To learn more or get involved, please email [[globe]]
Note: The FLAG program is currently on hiatus for our community partners are currently not accepting in-person visitors. We will let students know when the program is running again.