Welcome to William & Mary and VIMS!
After you arrive in the U.S., you must complete your immigration check-in. Please complete it within 1 week of your arrival. If you are not yet in the U.S., wait to complete it when you arrive. If you have any difficulties, contact the Office of International Students, Scholars & Programs (ISSP) for help!
- Login to iStart, using your William & Mary login.
- Select J-1 Scholar Services from the left menu.
- Select J-1 Scholar Immigration Check-In and complete the Check-In and Immigration Responsibilities forms.
You must also attend an International Scholar Orientation when you arrive to the U.S. This is a required part of your Immigration Check-In.
- Scholar Orientation will be held on Tuesdays from 1:00-2:00 pm at the Reves Center for International Studies. Please sign-up online to attend a Scholar Orientation session.
- Spouses and family members are welcome to attend the orientation.
- Please refer to the Scholar Orientation Handbook during the orientation.
Once you complete your online check-in and attend Scholar Orientation, we will register your record with Immigration.
Scholar Orientation Topics
We have information to help you:
- Immigration and Visa Rules
- Social Security Numbers
- Medical Care in the US
- Safety and Laws
- Transportation and Driving
- English Language Resources
- International Family Network
Contact Emily Bailey, [[ehbailey]], (757-221-3590) for help.