Welcome to William & Mary and VIMS!
After you arrive in the U.S., you must complete your immigration check-in. Please complete it within 1 week of your arrival. If you are not yet in the U.S., wait to complete it when you arrive. If you have difficulty, contact the Reves Center for help!
- Login to iStart, using your William & Mary login.
- Select J-1 Scholar Services from the left menu.
- Select J-1 Scholar Immigration Check-In and complete the Check-In and Immigration Responsibilities forms.
You must also attend an International Scholar Orientation when you arrive to the U.S. This is a required part of your Immigration Check-In.
- Scholar orientation will be held on the first, third and fourth Wednesday, of each month from 1:00-2:00pm.
- Scholar Orientation will be held virtually through Zoom video. Please email [[mstarman,Mona David-Starman]] to receive a Zoom link.
- Please refer to the Scholar Orientation Handbook during the virtual orientation.
Once you complete your online check-in, and attend Scholar Orientation, we will register your record with Immigration.
Scholar Orientation Topics
We have information to help you:
- Immigration and Visa Rules
- Social Security Numbers
- Medical Care in the US
- Safety and Laws
- Transportation and Driving
- English Language Resources
- International Family Network
Contact Emily Bailey, [[ehbailey]], (757-221-3590) for help.