Welcome to W&M!
International Student Orientation is required for new W&M F-1 & J-1 international students and is designed to make your transition to campus as smooth and successful as possible. Our program includes:
- Information and resources that are important to international students such as immigration regulations, academic expectations, campus safety, etc.
- “Life in the US” activities such as help with move-in, shopping trips, opening a bank account, etc.
- Events for family members
- Social and fun activities to meet other students and learn about campus and Williamsburg
Spring 2019 Orientation Schedule
International orientation has been scheduled for the following dates. A complete schedule will be available in early December.
- You must enter the US by January 10
- January 10
- Welcome resources for graduate and undergraduate students
- Residence Hall move-in for undergraduate (exchange and degree seeking) students living on-campus.
- January 11: Welcome activities (optional)
- January 12: International Orientation
- Required for undergraduate exchange and graduate students
- Students' spouse/partner and children are invited to join part of International Orientation
- Undergraduate degree seeking students will be attending New Student Orientation
Prepare for your arrival by completing the Pre-Arrival Checklist to access information about housing, transportation to W&M, health insurance, etc.
- Login to iStart, using your W&M ID and password
- Click on Pre-Arrival in the menu on the left-hand side of the page
- Click on Pre-Arrival Checklist and complete each form
Our New International Students website and the New Student Guide (pdf) are also great resources for students.
Orientation Requirements and non F-1 & J-1 Applicants
- All new international students with F-1 or J-1 immigration status are required to attend International Student Orientation, including exchange students and students transferring to W&M from other US schools.
- International Student Orientation is one part of your larger orientation program. There is also a required orientation for all new undergraduates. Graduate students also have orientations with their departments.
- Students who are not in F-1 or J-1 immigration status (e.g., US citizen who lived abroad) but are interested in attending International Student Orientation can contact [[globe]] for more information.
Questions? Contact [[w|ywong,Eva Wong]]. We look forward to welcoming you to W&M!