Benefits to participating in Project GO language programs:
- Scholarships for critical language study domestically and abroad over the summer in 11 different languages/ W&M offers Russian and Chinese
- Open to both Contracted and Non-Contracted Army, Air Force, and Navy/Marine Cadets/Midshipmen
- No additional service obligation
- Qualify for language proficiency bonus pay (*Check with your commanding officer)
- Earn Order of Merit List (OML) points for the Accessions. Become more competitive for Active-Duty selection, Job and Duty Station (Army).
- Open pathways to new career opportunities that require language and area studies
- Earn university credits, improve language proficiency, and fulfill language requirements
Project GO Scholarships provide funding for:
Tuition and Fees Room and Board
Travel to/from Study Location Books
Program-related Excursions Insurance/VISA
W&M Project GO Programs
The Global Education Office and Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at William & Mary offer Project GO scholarships to ROTC students to study Chinese-Mandarin and Russian at overseas and domestic locations. Learn more about the summer intensive programs by navigating to the language program.
William & Mary Campus
|*W&M Program not running in 2024; anticipated 2025.|
Online Information Sessions
William & Mary will host Project GO Information sessions on the below dates. Topics include - general Project GO Information, past student participants will discuss their experiences, an Application Q&A session, and will provide additional details for the William & Mary programs. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Wednesday, October 11, 2023 12:00 PM EST - Registration Link
Thursday, November 9, 2023 7:00 PM EST - Registration Link
Monday, December 4, 2023 2:00 PM EST - Registration Link
Friday, January 5, 2024 1:00 PM EST - Registration Link
Project GO Military Career & Mentoring Webinar
The Defense Language & National Security Education Office and the Institute of International Education will be hosting a webinar with representatives of the Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps to discuss language and culture opportunities and career fields in the Military Services.
Thursday, October 12, 2023 2:30 PM EST - Registration Link
Application Dates and Deadlines
Students must apply using the National Project GO Application.
- Overseas Application 2024: Opens 2 October 2023
- Application Deadline: 18 January 2024
- Applicant Notification: 20 February 2024
- Domestic Application 2024: Open 2 October, 2023
- Application Deadline: 27 February 2024
- Applicant Notification: 18 March 2024