"Diversity Beyond the Buzzword: Making Excellence Inclusive" Featured Speaker: Calandra Jarrell, Sr. Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion, Bank of America
- I Remember When I Used to Eat Sardines for Dinner: A Food Insecurity Workshop - Ryan Brown, Lorton Community Action Center
- Green Zone Training: Being an Ally to Student Veterans - Corey York & Jack Horner, Students Veterans of America, William & Mary
- Beyond Binaries: Gender Expansion and Its Impact on Campus - Roxie Patton, Center for Student Diversity, William & Mary
- Microaggressions - Delores Kimbrough, Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities
- Resilience & Mental Health - Dr. Carina Sudarsky-Gleiser, Counseling Center & Dr. Natoya Haskins, School of Education, William & Mary
- Understanding Deaf Culture - Dr. Elvia Guillermo, Gallaudet University
Who Should Attend?
The third annual Diversity & Inclusion Symposium will be a day-long event focused on advancing the conversation on diversity & inclusion within higher education. The day will feature a keynote address, round- table discussions, and panels covering the most pressing diversity and inclusion issues facing universities. Faculty and staff, especially those who have roles related to advancing diversity initiatives with their departments, administrators on diversity committees, or positions related to access, support, and retention for students, faculty, and staff. The symposium is free thanks to a generous gift from Ernst & Young. Participants must register in advance. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Time: 8:30am - 3:30pm (registration begins at 8:30am)
REGISTER HERE. Space is limited.