- Made up of a chair, vice chair of board affairs, vice chair of board operations, and a financial advisor/secretary
- Offers leadership and direction for the entire board
- Establishes annual board goals and affiliated working groups
- Ensures working groups are making progress and meeting goals
- Partners with the Washington Center team to address any needs of or issues raised by the Advisory Board
- Participates in regular communication with the Washington Center team to understand and help address current Center needs
- Updates, communicates, and maintains Board bylaws
- Updates, communicates, and maintains Board meeting calendar
- Plans and leads Board meetings, ensuring active participation and productivity
- New member recruiting/onboarding
- Current member satisfaction/engagement
- Raise $50,000 this year (in addition to board members’ annual contributions) towards an estimated $200,000 annual scholarship funding need.
- Increase active Center ambassadors by 10, including board members, and increase participation of current ambassadors to 90%.
- Maximize the number of Board members providing professional counsel/expertise annually by mentoring, attending a networking event, speaking in a class, or facilitating connections to other well-placed professionals for said purpose.
- Connect 12 new internship employers to the Washington Center for student opportunities
- Represent the Center/Board by attending (and presenting when appropriate) 20 W&M events, panels, etc. beyond the Washington Center
- Provide introductions/connections to the Center to increase/enhance existing or create new programming