What is applied learning?
Applied learning engages you beyond the classroom to apply knowledge and develop skills and values that enable you to connect your academic pursuits meaningfully with your personal and professional lives. It is framed around four key criteria:
- Clearly defined learning outcomes
- Systematic and structured mentoring feedback
- Opportunities for ongoing reflection
- Synthesis and/or application of learning
Why is applied learning important?
Applied learning enables you to:
- Apply what you are learning in the classroom to other settings
- Build transferable skills in a professional setting
- Positively impact your community
- Reflect on your experiences