Get Engaged with your Career Options
- For those who are still deliberating over career options, the Cohen Career Center offers a variety of ways to engage in making informed decisions for yourself through varying levels of structure.
- If you have already determined which career options you'd like to pursue, we also provide connections through recruiting events, networking programs, mock interviews, and alumni/parent/employer panels and information sessions.
- We encourage you to also experience career options to gain relevant skills or test out what you like and don't like about a job before committing to a decision.
- So you've narrowed down your chosen career options, now get out there and experience them!
- You can try-out and gain skills in your industries of interest through academic coursework, clubs & organizations, job shadowing, part-time jobs, and internships.
- In these experiences, be aware of your impact, take note of what skills you're developing, and know the results of the tasks you're completing.
- Take inventory of what you like and dislike about these experiences so you can be intentional when moving forward to include more of what you like.