Get Engaged with your Career Options
- For those who are still deliberating over career options, the Cohen Career Center offers a variety of ways to engage in making informed decisions for yourself through varying levels of structure.
- If you have already determined which career options you'd like to pursue, we also provide connections through recruiting events, networking programs, mock interviews, and alumni/parent/employer panels and information sessions.
- We encourage you to also experience career options to gain relevant skills or test out what you like and don't like about a job before committing to a decision.
- So you've narrowed down your chosen career options, now get out there and experience them!
- You can try-out and gain skills in your industries of interest through academic coursework, clubs & organizations, job shadowing, part-time jobs, and internships.
- In these experiences, be aware of your impact, take note of what skills you're developing, and know the results of the tasks you're completing.
- Take inventory of what you like and dislike about these experiences so you can be intentional when moving forward to include more of what you like.
- You have probably already utilized many important transferable skills in your past and current activities that will be useful to your professional growth. Use this Skills Worksheet to help analyze your past achievements and the skills you've gained.