Traveling beyond Williamsburg? Check out the ways Parking & Transportation Services can help get you where you need to be.
Airport Shuttle ServiceParking & Transportation Services is available to provide shuttle service to and from the Richmond and Newport News airports for published breaks.
- All shuttles depart from the Sadler Center Terrace.
- Return shuttles pick up curbside at the Arrival Terminal for each airport.
- The cost per person each way is $25 for Newport News, $30 for Richmond.
- Shuttle service is provided using 12 passenger vans or when demand increases a hired charter. We ask that passengers please pack accordingly, presume space is limited.
- Once the request form closes our transportation coordinators review the schedule, make necessary adjustments, and send out final e-mail confirmations with payment & special instructions.
- In the event of flight cancellations or delays we will work diligently to accommodate passengers on other scheduled shuttles or facilitate other ground transportation options.
- Discretionary cancellations and no-shows after final confirmatory e-mails from the transportation coordinator are provided or within 24 hours of the movement are non-refundable and billable to the traveler rather than the program sponsor.
Electronic forms to request a shuttle or reserve a seat will be posted below when they become available.
Norfolk Airport Shuttles
Due to the ongoing I64 expansion and unpredictable highway and tunnel traffic patterns we are no longer able to offer reliable/scheduled service to the Norfolk airport. Upon request we may be able to coordinate trips to the Norfolk airport (minimum of 6 travelers are required) to work in this service. Norfolk pricing depends on the number of travelers per trip (range $35-$50).
Northern Virginia Shuttles
Oleta provides a shuttle service between William & Mary Hall and the Springfield-Franconia Metro Station during school scheduled breaks. For a complete details and to make a reservation, visit Oleta directly.
Out of Cycle Trips
Students departing and returning campus at times when W&M shuttles are not available should contact one of the College's contracted services. Advance Reservations are required.
- James River Transportation the telephone number as 804-342-7300 or online.
For all other Shuttle Service inquiries please contact Bill Horacio III, Director Parking & Transportation at [[wxhora]].
Other out of town transportation options include:
- Virginia Amtrak (train travel) for those needing to remain on the East Coast should look at the Northeast Regional)
Student savings just got better. Now, students age 13 - 25 with a valid student ID are eligible for 15% off the lowest Value or Flexible Fare when you book your travel at least 3 days in advance. Amenities: outlets to keep you charged, up to two carry-on bags and two checked bags, free Wi-Fi. Take 25% off Amtrak fares when you book 14 days in advance!
- Greyhound buses
- Students can get 20% off Greyhound travel and 40% off shipping with the Student Advantage Discount Card (link opens in a new tab).
Both Amtrak and Greyhound depart and arrive at the Williamsburg Transportation Center.