Student drivers support the transportation needs of the campus community in a variety of ways.
Special Event Shuttles
Our office supports special events for different groups and departments on campus using 12-passenger vans. As events are submitted to Parking & Transportation, signup sheets will be emailed to drivers to sign up to drive these event weekly. Events can take place during the week or on weekends.
Starting sometime in the 2021-22 academic year, Parking & Transportation will be offering an on campus shuttle system for the campus community Monday through Sunday. Drivers will be running predetermined routes picking up and dropping off riders at posted stops around campus using shuttle vans.
Limited Mobility Shuttle System
The LMSS is an on-campus accommodation for students, faculty and staff that have mobility needs, operated by student drivers on golf carts. The service runs Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 5:00pm. The daily schedule will depend on the needs of the passengers that are in the program. Duties for this service are picking up passengers from different locations and driving them to their destination on campus. Some requests may require the driver to lend a hand to the passenger as they manage their way to and from the vehicle.
Transportation runs shuttles to and from airports at the beginning and/or end of fall, spring, Thanksgiving and Winter breaks.
Student drivers will also occasionally assist with keeping the transportation shuttles clean and presentable for our passengers.
Hours are flexible and Parking and Transportation will work around your class schedule.
- Must be 19 years or older to drive passenger vans for event & airport shuttles and campus transportation
- Must be 18 years and older to drive golf carts for LMSS
- Have a valid driver license (any state)
- Have a good driving record (no violations within last year)
- Must be van certified by William & Mary (if not, training will be provided)
- Must a have a pleasant/friendly attitude
Submitting an Application
If you feel this job is for you, you’ll need to have the following:
- Your driver license (no copies)
- Social security card or passport (no copies)
- If you need van training, a copy of your driving record will be needed before your training date.
If you have any question please contact Jason Hamlin: [[jshaml]]