Traveling beyond Williamsburg? Check out the ways Parking & Transportation can help get you where you need to be.
Out of Cycle Trips
Students departing and returning campus at times when William & Mary shuttles are not available should contact one of the university's contracted services. Advance reservations are required.
- James River Transportation - 804-342-7300
- Oleta Coach Lines offers an airport shuttle and lower cost student shuttles.
For all other shuttle service inquiries please contact us at [[transport]].
Airport Shuttle Service
This year, we have had to make some changes to our airport shuttle service. Please read the following details carefully.
- The end of fall semester shuttles will depart from the front of the Parking Deck.
- The shuttle will only make trips to Richmond International (RIC). There will be no service to airports in Newport News or Norfolk.
- The cost per trip is $50. The Student Assembly will sponsor 50% of the cost.
- Once the request form closes our transportation coordinators will review the schedule, make necessary adjustments, and send out final e-mail confirmations with payment & special instructions.
- Each passenger must have a negative COVID-19 test result dated between October 19th and October 29th in order to ride.
- Masks are required at all times, including during check in, boarding, and travel to the airport.
- Shuttle service will be provided using charter buses operating at reduced capacity. Each passenger will load their own luggage onto the bus.
- Passengers are encouraged to refrain from riding if feeling unwell. Furthermore, each passenger will submit to a forehead temperature scan before boarding the bus.
- Each passenger will be able to sanitize their hands before boarding.
- Some seats will be marked as empty to provide space between passengers, and each passenger will be assigned a seat. Please adhere to the seating arrangement.
- In the event of flight cancellations or delays we will work diligently to accommodate passengers on other scheduled shuttles or facilitate other ground transportation options.
- Discretionary cancellations and no-shows after final confirmatory e-mails from the transportation coordinator are provided or within 24 hours of the movement are non-refundable and billable to the traveler rather than the program sponsor.
Electronic forms to request a shuttle or reserve a seat are posted below when they become available. If you need to exit the form before it's complete, your progress will be saved, however, incomplete forms will be automatically deleted after one week. If this happens, the form will have to be started again from the beginning. When the survey closes at the time listed, incomplete forms will not be honored.
|Airport Shuttle Schedule 2020-2021|
|Event||Online Request Opens||Online Request Closes||
|Shuttle Returns||Passenger Limit||Sponsor|
|End of Semester||October 20th, noon||November 16th, 4:00pm||
November 21st, 8:00am
November 24th, 8:00am
November 24th, 2:00pm
November 25th, 8:00am
|N/A||120||50% ($25) covered by Student Assembly|
- SA sponsored shuttles are capped at the passenger limit; the online request form will close when the cap is reached or per schedule.
- A “Wait-List” will be used once the cap is reached.
- Once a reservation is confirmed payment is required before date of travel.
- No-shows and cancellations within 24 hours of the trip times listed above are billable to the passenger at full price ($50).
Norfolk Airport Shuttles
Due to the unpredictable highway and tunnel traffic patterns we are no longer able to offer reliable/scheduled service to the Norfolk airport. Upon request we may be able to coordinate trips to the Norfolk airport, a minimum of 6 travelers are required to work in this service. Norfolk pricing depends on the number of travelers per trip (range $35-$50).
Northern Virginia Shuttles
Oleta provides a shuttle service between Kaplan Arena and the Springfield-Franconia Metro Station during school scheduled breaks. For a complete details and to make a reservation, visit Oleta directly.
Other out of town transportation options include:
- Virginia Amtrak (train travel) for those needing to remain on the East Coast should look at the Northeast Regional
Student savings just got better. Now, students age 13 - 25 with a valid student ID are eligible for 15% off the lowest Value or Flexible Fare when you book your travel at least 3 days in advance. Amenities: outlets to keep you charged, up to two carry-on bags and two checked bags, free Wi-Fi. Take 25% off Amtrak fares when you book 14 days in advance!
- Greyhound buses
- Students can get 20% off Greyhound travel and 40% off shipping with the Student Advantage Discount Card (link opens in a new tab).
Both Amtrak and Greyhound depart and arrive at the Williamsburg Transportation Center.