Seminars are held on Fridays at 4pm. This semester, our seminar series will be a hybrid between in-person (ISC 1221) and remote seminars. It will be a mix of invited speakers and informal presentations from current faculty. The schedule can be found below.
Fall 2023 Seminars
W&M Department of Biology
Location: ISC 1221
Contact the listed faculty host [in brackets] for more information or to meet with the speaker or to meet with the speaker.
- Sept. 8: Joanne Emerson (University of California, Davis) [Williamson]
Surprisingly active and dynamic viral communities in soil
- Sept. 15: Christina Zakas (North Carolina State University) [Allen]
Finding the genetic basis of development using a marine annelid
- Sept. 22: Pallabi Kundu (W&M Biology) [Swaddle]
Exploring the function of elongate sensilla in a wolf spider and a solifuge
- Sept. 29: Diane Shakes (W&M Biology) How to build a sperm cell: From transcription factors to post-translational modifiers
- Oct. 6: Kurt Williamson (W&M Biology)
A brief history of vaccines
- Oct. 19: Thursday: Shelby Ziegler (University of Georgia) [Allen]
Patterns and drivers of spatial variation in coastal ecosystem structure and
function (W&M Homecoming Seminar)
- Nov. 17: John Choy (The Catholic University of America) [Kerscher]
Learning about drugs with bugs
For more information, contact Dr. Kurt Williamson.