Step 1: Understanding Where to Create a Page
The organization of your folders and files (the way they are nested) determines your site's menu structure. When you're ready to add a new page, follow the steps below to create a "Folder with Content Page" within your site.
- "Why am I creating a folder with content page?" The answer is in Menus and Breadcrumbs.
- Need a duplicate version of a page? A borrowed page may be the best solution for keeping content in sync.
Step 2: Create a New Page
- Navigate to the parent folder for your new page (the folder within which you want the new page to appear).
- From the top menu, choose Add Content >> Folder with Content Page.
- Enter a Folder Name (no spaces, all lowercase).
- Enter the Display Name (proper upper/lowercase) - this will be displayed in your site's menus and breadcrumbs.
- Check the box Display in Menu? if you want this page eligible to display in your site menus. - you will hide your page if you UN-check this box.
- Click Submit to save the folder. (If prompted, correct spelling errors and click Next to proceed.)
- Edit the index file (the index file contains the content of the page).
- Fill in the appropriate fields: Title, Summary & Teaser.
- Set the right column, parent and sibling checkboxes. These adjust the right column and left menu on this page only.
- Fill in the Content
- Do not copy and paste directly from another source (Word, email, web page). First copy from the source, then in Cascade click Edit >> Paste as Text before you paste. You can also clean up your text by first pasting it into a text editor such as Textpad or Notepad.
- Add widgets or other right column features to your page (optional).
- Save and Preview your edits. Then Submit >> Check Content & Submit.
- Publish the parent folder to ensure the appropriate menus are updated.