William & Mary's phased plan to reopen campus for in-person operations will include shifts for the academic year 2020-2021. Visit www.wm.edu/pathforward for more information.
Select a term to view room assignments & schedules:
Faculty of Arts & Sciences, and the Undergraduate Schools of Business and Education
Exams will meet according to the schedule published here at the beginning of each semester's registration period. Unless informed otherwise, classes will meet in the regular classroom. Requests for larger rooms should be made by the instructor via email to the [[zimmer,Academic Scheduling Coordinator]].
- Exams are based on the START DAY & TIME of the class, no matter how many time periods it crosses. For example, a class meeting from 8:00 - 9:50 a.m. MW would hold its exam in the 8:00 a.m. MWF time period.
- Classes meeting at non-standard times on MW will have their exam in the time block reflected by the whole hour, e.g., a class meeting at 10:30 a.m. MW will have its exam in the 10:00 a.m. MWF block.
- Classes that meet only one or two days per week that do not have a set final exam slot will have their exams with the time block represented by the traditional listing (MWF or TR).
- Classes meeting at non-standard times on TR will have their exams with the time block immediately preceding. For example, a class meeting at 2:30 p.m. TR will have its exam in the 2:00 p.m. TR time block. A class that meets at 1:00 p.m. TR will have its exam in the 12:30 p.m. TR time block.
- No exams will be held on the reading days.
Block exams for courses with multiple sections may be requested prior to the beginning of registration for the term, through the [[zimmer,Academic Scheduling Coordinator]]. For a class that does not have a meeting time but needs a room for an in-class exam, [[zimmer,contact the Academic Scheduling Coordinator]].
Review the Academic Regulations in the undergraduate course catalog for additional information on Final Exams.