Introducing the Enhanced Blackboard Course Generator
Experience a more powerful course generator. Our upgraded Blackboard Course Generator empowers you to streamline your course management process like never before. Explore these enhancements and take control of your course creation process.
|The Old Course Generator||The New Course Generator|
Discover the New Features:
- Flexible Course Availability- Control course access by making them available or unavailable upon creation.
- Customize Course Titles- Easily change and personalize course titles to better suit your needs.
- Effortless Batch Course Creation-Generate multiple courses simultaneously, saving you time and effort.
- Expanded Role Management-Add Instructors, Teaching Assistants, Graders and Course Builders to your Academic courses with ease using the Universities FERPA polices.
- Merge and Link Cross-Listed Courses- Seamlessly combine and connect cross-listed courses for streamlined management. Merging and linking of non-cross listed courses can be requested from the Registrar.
Creating Academic Courses
While using the Blackboard Course Generator to create Academic Courses, you will have the opportunity to preview each step before finalizing. After submission, your course(s) will be automatically created, and enrollments from Banner will seamlessly integrate.
To prevent student access initially, remember to set your course as unavailable during creation. However, ensure you make it accessible in Blackboard before the class begins for student access. This action can be done through your Blackboard course.
Once your courses are created, they will appear in blue with the Blackboard course heading and ID. If you merge or link courses, they will appear below the course listing for that term. You will be able to expand the merged and linked course to view details.
Creating a Single Course Using the Generator
Creating a Merged Course
By following these steps, you will successfully merge your chosen courses into a single Blackboard course.
6. Handling Merging Notices: If you encounter a notice about merging courses, ensure you follow the required steps. This might involve requesting approval for merging, particularly if dealing with non-cross listed courses. Refer to the University Registrar's approval process at https://www.wm.edu/offices/registrar/facstaff/ferpaandbanner/ferpamergedbb/index.php for guidance.
7. Submit Your Merged Course: Once you are ready, click the "Submit" button to finalize the merging process.
Linking a Course
Modify Courses Created
Deleting Merged and Linked Courses
3. Preview and Submit:
Add User / Elevate Roles in Academic Courses
While adding users and elevating roles in your Academic Course, it is important to adhere to the University's FERPA policy guidelines. As a step in this procedure, instructors can initiate role changes for users within a course, elevating their roles to Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Grader, or Course Builder.
Once the instructor submits the role change request, an email will be sent to the respective users account. This email will seek the users approval in accordance with FERPA guidelines. Upon the users endorsement through the enclosed link, the role adjustment will be updated within the Blackboard course and an email sent to the instructor.
Creating Non – W&M users
After the successful creation of a Non-W&M user, an email notification will be sent to the individual. The email will contain instructions on how to login to Blackboard, utilizing their assigned username and password.
Upon account creation, the individual will automatically be enrolled as a student in the requested course. To log in, Non-W&M users can navigate to https://blackboard.wm.edu and select the Non-W&M login option. In the event of password issues, users have the option to initiate a password reset by clicking on “Forgot Password.”
For additional assistance, users can always reach out to the Technology Support Center via email@example.com.