The newly released Blackboard mobile apps have replaced the Bb Mobile Learn app. There are now two distinct apps, one for Students and one for Instructors.
With the new Blackboard Mobile app students can:
- Quickly view updates to your courses and content through the activity stream
- Take assignments and tests
- View grades for courses, assignments and tests
- Interact with your courses while you’re on the go
New mobile application that gives instructors a simple and intuitive way to manage courses, interact with students, and view content. With Blackboard Instructor, you can:
- Create, review, and send out Announcements to students. Students will be alerted with a notification in the Blackboard app Activity Stream
- Preview content to ensure it is accurate and mobile-friendly
- Quickly and easily navigate to courses and content
- Manage and participate in discussion boards from anywhere
- Grading workflows (Coming Soon!)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What software version does my mobile device need to run Blackboard apps?
Blackboard Mobile Apps support:
- iOS 9.0+
- Android 4.2+
- Windows 10+
Q: Is there a cost associated with the Blackboard application?
A: No. William & Mary licensed Blackboard for all students, faculty, and staff. There is no charge. Once you have launched the application you would choose William & Mary to connect to your courses.
Q: Where can I get more information about using the Blackboard app on my mobile device?
A: For more information visit...
- Blackboard Mobile app support site
- Video Tour (Students)
- Feature Guide (Students)
- Video Tour (Instructors)
- Feature Guide (Instructors)
Q: Will I be able to access the Blackboard App within the William & Mary Mobile App?
A: The Blackboard Student app is available in the W&M Mobile App. When you download the William & Mary Mobile app the Bb icon will show within the listing of information and services for the university community. Download the William & Mary Mobile App.
Contact the Technology Support Center (TSC)
757-221-4357 (HELP) | [[support]] | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm