Close menu Resources for... William & Mary
W&M menu close William & Mary


You should include the following transcripts with your application:

  • undergraduate and graduate schools
  • law/medical/professional schools
  • schools attended for summer or evening courses
  • schools attended even though a degree was never received
  • schools from which you took college-level courses while in high school even though they were for high school credit
  • schools that clearly sponsored your overseas study

Transcripts must be sent directly from the institutions attended. Transcripts issued to you or sent by you will not be processed. It is your responsibility to have an official copy of all required transcripts sent to LSAC directly from the registrar's office of each institution. You must use LSAC's Transcript Request Forms for this purpose. If you register online, your Transcript Request Forms will be available only after you register for the LSDAS and enter your school information.

Transcript Request Forms are also available in the LSAT & LSDAS Registration Packet for those who register by mail. Most schools charge a fee for forwarding transcripts. Allow two weeks from the time of receipt for LSAC to process your transcripts.

  • Transcripts must be sent from schools even if credit was transferred from a school and it appears on another school's transcript.
  • Transcripts must be sent from schools even if the school is closed. These transcripts are usually maintained by the department of higher education or by another school in the state in which the school was located, so you will need to contact the state's department of higher education.
  • Transcripts must be sent if "withdraw," "incomplete," etc., are the only grades listed or if you have just enrolled. If you have just enrolled, request that the registrar's office send a transcript of courses "in progress" or a statement of current enrollment. The document must bear the official registrar's seal.
  • You should have official transcripts sent for any additional academic work completed after your initial LSDAS Law School Reports have been forwarded. This information will be incorporated into your file and updated transcript reports will be sent to the law schools.

If you are unable to obtain transcripts from a school due to a financial obligation, you must indicate this when registering for LSDAS. If the school is the only undergraduate institution you attended, or if you have attended multiple undergraduate institutions and have outstanding financial obligations with all of them, an LSDAS report cannot be produced for you.

Transcript request forms

Log on to your Online Services account, go to the My Docs tab, and select Forms. Your transcript request forms are only available after you register for the LSDAS and enter your school information. To download and print a transcript request form for a school, click on the school's name. Each form is prepopulated with your information and the school's information.