Foreign Transcripts

LSAC provides this information about foreign transcripts:

After you register for the LSDAS, you MUST have a separate transcript sent to LSAC directly from each undergraduate and graduate institution you attended in the US, its territories, or Canada. You MUST have foreign transcripts, mark sheets, and degree certifications sent if:

  1. you are applying to a law school that requires the JD Credential Assembly Service (JD CAS, an extension of LSDAS), AND
  2. you received your undergraduate degree from a clearly sponsored foreign institution (see FAQ addressing clear sponsorship), OR
  3. you were directly enrolled at a foreign institution(s) and the total amount of work you completed at all foreign institutions combined is equal to or less than the equivalent of one year of undergraduate study in the US, its territories, or Canada.

Copies of all foreign educational records must be submitted in the original language. If the transcript or other required documents are not in English, a translation must be included. Remember that transcripts issued to you or sent by you will not be processed.

Foreign Transcripts should be mailed to:

Law School Admission Council
662 Penn Street
Box 8502
Newtown, PA 18940