Assistant Professor and Director of Graduate Studies
Office: Integrated Science Center #1269
I am an assistant professor of Applied Science at William and Mary, currently working at the nexus of machine learning and satellite imagery analysis for non-traditional applications (not much land cover change here!). Things that I spend my time on include:
- Supporting my undergraduate and Ph.D. students' research through the ICSS and geolab.
- Coding for the geoBoundaries Open Administrative Boundaries dataset
- Publishing some good ideas, burning CPU cycles on bad ones.
- A range of projects exploring how novel neural network architectures can aid us in extracting data from satellites. I.e., "playing with fancy videocards".
- Forgetting to update my CV
If you are reading this page, please note that I am always looking for good Ph.D. students! Good at Python, interested in computer vision and satellite data? Like Williamsburg when you came as an elementary school student? Email me!