Transferring from a Virginia Community College

VCCS Students

The College of William & Mary welcomes applications from students from the Virginia Community College System. There are two paths for guaranteed admission to W&M for VCCS students: guaranteed admission and co-enrollment.

We recognize that certain circumstances will prohibit particular students from falling under the articulation agreement requirements. You need not complete the articulation agreement in order to be considered for admission. Students transferring from a two-year school with an associate degree and a cumulative GPA above a 3.5 are generally competitive applicants.

Information on course equivalents (pdf) and which Virginia Community College courses fulfill William & Mary's COLL Curriculum (General Education Curriculum) can help you determine your course of study.  William & Mary grants junior status (defined as at least 54 hours) to entering transfer students from the Virginia Community College System with an Associate of Arts, Associate of Sciences or Associate of Arts & Sciences degree in a baccalaureate-oriented program.