Explore the Eight Dimensions of Wellness and discover wellness, your way! Sponsored by W&M Health & Wellness.
Your Wellness Passport encourages you to engage with the health & wellness resources available on campus while positively impacting your wellbeing in a holistic way. Plus, you can win some great prizes!
How to join
- Log your participation in activities on the Activities Tracker Form.
- The goal is to attend to each dimension during the course of the program (and beyond!) because all dimensions need our attention for us to truly flourish. Once you sign up for the Passport program, the first step is to get familiar with the Eight Dimensions and your current relationship with each. The next step is to start participating in campus-sponsored programs and events in which you feel that you are engaging with one or more of the Eight Dimensions of Wellness.
- After participating in a campus-sponsored activity or program under a dimension of wellness, log your participation on the form by selecting the Wellness Dimension, name and description of your activity, and then submit a picture of yourself participating in the activity (or as close as you can get). For example, under the Emotional/Mental Dimension, I can complete at least one module in the online SilverCloud platform and take a picture of the screen that shows how many modules I have completed).
- Wellness is a broad term that's affected by our culture and life experience so you get two “Wild Cards”. Wild card activities include activities that you do on your own, rather than participating in an official campus program or activity. Wild card activity examples include (but are not limited to) attending a religious service for the Spiritual dimension, having coffee or lunch with a friend for the Social dimension or going to a therapy session for the Mental/Emotional dimension). No pictures are required for wild card activities.
- Please submit the form every time you participate in an activity in a different Dimension of Wellness.
- Once you have submitted participation in all eight dimensions, you qualify for a prize drawing which will feature prizes such as gift certificates to local restaurants, therapeutic modalieis (such as massage and acupuncture) and Campus Recreation wellness prize packs.
Email [[jvrueh, Jenny Dunfee, Associate Director of Campus Recreation for Fitness & Wellness]].
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it free to participate?
Yes! Some campus programs/activities we feature may require a fee to participate, but most do not. We have taken care to make sure that there is something free of cost included in each dimension.
How long does the program last?
February 19-April 12 (8 weeks)
Can I use one program/activity to complete multiple areas of wellness in my passport?
one activity = credit for one dimension
We have a multidimensional approach so some activities may connect to multiple areas of wellness (e.g. Attending a Yoga class may be physical & spiritual for you). Each activity you participate in will satisfy one area of wellness. Consider which dimension you are exploring with your selected activity. Participation may hold different meanings for each of us. This is wellness, your way.
I completed my wellness passport! Now what?
At the end of the program, all participants who have completed all eight dimensions of wellness will be contacted about the prize drawing.