Explore the Eight Dimensions of Wellness and discover wellness, your way!
Your Wellness Passport encourages you to engage with the health & wellness resources available on campus while positively impacting your wellbeing in a holistic way. Plus, you can win some great prizes!
How to join
- Download the WeBe App.
- Join the William & Mary Affinity Group (Affinity Groups are the fourth icon over from the left at the bottom of the home screen).
- Once your membership in the William & Mary Affinity Group has been approved, you can go into the group and then go to Resources in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Click on the Wellness Passport icon to access the Passport logging form. You will use this form to log your participation in activities and programs throughout the Passport program.
- The goal is to attend to each dimension during the course of the program (and beyond!) because all dimensions need our attention for us to truly flourish. Once you sign up for the Passport program, the first step is to get familiar with the 8 Dimensions and your current relationship with each.
- After participating in an activity or program under a dimension of wellness, log your participation on the form by selecting the activity (available activities are listed in multiple choice format on the form) and then submit a picture of yourself. For example, under the Emotional/Mental Dimension, I can I can complete at least one module in the online SilverCloud platform and take a picture of the scrreenthat shows how many modules I have completed).
- Wellness is a broad term that's affected by our culture and life experience so you get two “Wild Cards”. Wild card activities are listed under each dimension on the form (e.g. attending a religious service for the Spiritual dimension or having coffee or lunch with a friend for the Social dimension). No pictures are required for wild card activities.
- You can submit the form as many times as you would like, so you can submit your participation in activities or programs one at a time or wait and submit all of your eight dimensions at the same time.
- Once you have submitted participation in all eight dimensions, you qualify for a prize drawing which will feature prizes such as gift certificates to local restaurants, massage therapy, and Campus Recreation wellness prize packs.
Email [[kpritchey, Kristin Ritchey, Fitness & Wellness Graduate Assistant]].
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it free to participate?
Yes! Some campus programs/activiteis we feature may require a fee to participate, but most do not. We have taken care to make sure that there is something free of cost included in each dimension.
How long does the program last?
Monday, April 3-Friday, April 28
Can I use one program/activity to complete multiple areas of wellness in my passport?
one activity = credit for one dimension
We have a multidimensional approach so some activities may connect to multiple areas of wellness (e.g. Attending a Yoga class may be physical & spiritual for you). Each activity you participate in will satisfy one area of wellness. Consider which dimension you are exploring with your selected activity. Participation may hold different meanings for each of us. This is wellness, your way.
I completed my wellness passport! Now what?
At the end of the program, all participants who have completed all eight dimensions of wellness will be contacted about the prize drawing.