Here are some good study habits for you to consider practicing:
- Make a daily schedule listing all activities, including study time.
- Avoid spending too much time on low-priority routine tasks and not enough time on important ones. Evaluate each activity on your list according to its priority and periodically review your priorities during the day.
- Plan study times for when you are most alert. Sessions of about one hour with five- to ten-minute breaks are most effective.
- If you have an hour between classes, find an empty classroom in an academic building and do some studying or reviewing!
- Avoid procrastination. Begin your work as soon as you can.
- Study in a quiet place free from distractions.
- Try to study in a space that is adequately lit and not too warm.
- Take breaks during your study sessions. Get up, walk around, eat a snack, and make sure that you get away from your study area for at least 5 minutes.
Want more information on how to study efficiently and effectively? Check out our Time Management Consultations through the TutorZone.