Graduate students of Arts & Sciences, students in the School of Education, and the Virginia Institute of Marine Sciences (VIMS) are welcome to:
- Use the job and internship databases available through TribeCareers
- Schedule one-on-one career advising appointments
- Attend networking receptions and employer information sessions
- Participate in campus-wide workshops on resumes, federal jobs, and interviewing
- Attend career fairs on and off campus
- Utilize Quick Advising at the Career Center (please note that regular Quick Advising is staffed by undergraduates)
Meet with a Career Advisor
Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm
Call us at (757) 221-3231, or visit the front desk.
View the Staff Directory to find an Career Center advisor that can assist you.
Canceling an appointment:
Monday: 2 - 4 pm
Quick Advising Hours with Executive Partners
Monday: 12 - 2 pm
In addition, the Career Center offers several graduate-level workshops throughout the year on topics such as careers outside academia, developing fellowship proposals, and writing CVs. We also organize mock interviews with members of the Graduate Studies Advisory Board. The Arts & Sciences Graduate Assistant in charge of graduate programming can be reached at [[csga04]].
For advice about careers in academia, graduate students are encouraged to consult with faculty in their departments.