Close menu Resources for... William & Mary
W&M menu close William & Mary

Study Abroad

Important Note: If you are going to study abroad for a semester or a full year, you must first register with The Reves Center.

The German Studies Program at the William & Mary strongly recommends that students study in a German -speaking country for a summer, a semester, or a full year. Study abroad in a German-speaking country is typically arranged in one of three ways:

 Here are links to some programs we recommend:

Also note that the Fulbright Commission offers both research fellowships and a number of English Language Teaching Assistantships (ETAs) in both Germany and Austria that are particularly attractive for students who are interested in pursuing a teaching career.

To make sure you get credit for the courses you take while abroad, consult with the Program Director of the German Studies section before departure. They will help you through the Study Abroad Transfer Credit Procedures.