Félicitations! Congratulations to all our graduates 2020!!
Francophone culture is rich and varied. It spans the globe: from France, to the Indian Ocean, Africa, Vietnam, the Caribbean and North America. Our students gain the language skills and cultural understanding necessary to confidently navigate the French-speaking world.
Studying French fosters analytical and critical thinking, excellence in communication, and an ability to engage other cultures. These are all abilities in high demand in every profession.
Become Part of a Community
You can become part of an engaged and global Francophone community. Being involved outside the classroom enhances your coursework and improves your speaking skills. As part of our community, you can
- live in the French House, a French-speaking residence hall,
- participate in programs abroad in France or other Francophone countries,
- start an internship and research project in Paris,
- tutor on campus or in the community
- participate in cultural events, such as the W&M Film Festivals, the Richmond French Film Festival, or one of the many French house events such as movie nights or learning to cook French cuisine.