Close menu Resources for... William & Mary
William & Mary W&M menu close William & Mary

Resources for Students

Have questions about studying in international relations? Below is a list of forms and resources to help you declare your major, study abroad, take an internship for academic credit, complete an independent study, conduct Honors research, or get involved in faculty-student collaborative research projects. 

Still have questions? Reach out to a member of the International Relations faculty, the Program Director, or the Program's Director of Advising.

International Relations Forms
International Relations Major Requirements and Course Options
International Relations Research Opportunities
Study Abroad and Study Away
  • Study Abroad: Information on earning International Relations credit for courses taken abroad.
  • Global Education Office: Information on studying abroad and getting William & Mary credit for courses taken abroad.
  • W&M D.C. Center: Information on studying at the W&M Washington Center in Washington, D.C., including the Semester Program, Summer Sessions, Summer Institutes, and Winter Seminars.
William & Mary Forms
  • Course Substitution Request [pdf]: This form must be completed if you wish to substitute a course for a core International Relations course (Part A of the major requirements). Completed forms should be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs.
  • Declaration of Major [pdf]: This form must be completed to declare a major at William & Mary--completed forms should be submitted to the International Relations program office. The form will then be checked, signed, and submitted to the Registrar. For further information on declaring your major, visit Declaring an IR Major
  • Internship for Academic Credit: This form must be completed if you want to receive academic credit at William & Mary for an internship. For more information on earning International Relations credit for an internship, visit the Program's Internships page.
  • William & Mary forms: This page includes links to other forms managed by the Registrar, Undergraduate Studies and the Dean of Students, including those for time conflict overrides, auditing, transcript requests, exam changes, medical accommodations, modern language proficiency exemption, exam deferral, domestic study away, etc.
Awards, Scholarships, and Fellowships
  • Charles Center Research Funding: Information on financial support for student research available through the Charles Center, including Summer Research Grants, Honors Fellowships, and Semester Research Funding.
  • Koenig-Nimmo Foreign Service Award: Information on the Koenig-Nimmo Foreign Service Award. The award, of approximately $2500, is made each year to a senior from any major who hopes to pursue a career in foreign service with a government agency such as the Department of State. 
  • National and International Scholarships and Fellowships: Information on national and international scholarships and fellowships, including campus application deadlines. Opportunities include the Boren, Fulbright, Marshall, Mitchell, Rhodes, and Truman Scholarships.
  • Todd W. Weaver Study Abroad Scholarship: Information on the Todd W. Weaver Study Abroad Scholarship. This scholarship is named to honor the memory of Todd W. Weaver, Class of 2008, who died in battle serving his country in Afghanistan on September 9, 2010.
  • William & Mary Study Abroad Scholarships: Information on scholarships available to students studying abroad administered by the Global Education Office, William & Mary, and other organizations.