Welcome to the CGA!
The Center for Geospatial Analysis is William & Mary's comprehensive resource for those interested in learning and utilizing geographic information systems (GIS). We offer students and faculty access to the hardware, software, and expertise they need to make the most of this powerful mapping tool.
Our courses are open to undergraduate and graduate students in any program, and we also host free workshops for faculty, staff, and students. Whether you're in the arts or sciences, business or law, learning how to best visualize, analyze, and share spatial data can greatly improve the quality and value of any project or proposal.
Explore our website to learn more about the CGA and how you can get involved, or visit us on the 2nd floor of Swem Library.
Join our Listserv
The best way to keep up with us is to join our listserv! We use our listserv to communicate upcoming events, course offerings, job opportunities/internships and relevant GIS/Remote Sensing information.
Lab Schedule - Fall 2020
We encourage students, faculty and staff to reserve a computer to work on geospatial related coursework and research. These computers are availble when the spaces are available:
- Swem 213 - CGA Office Lab from 9-5 Monday - Friday
- Swem 215 - CGA Classroom Lab - when Swem Library is open
These spaces may not be available at times when the CGA courses, workshops or meetings may be taking place.
We rarely have to cancel or change reservations, however, in the event this must occur you will be notified via email by our CGA faculty/staff via LibCal.
IMPORTANT NOTICE for FALL 2020:
- Masks must be worn 100% of the time while in Swem Library, this includes the CGA Classroom Lab and the CGA Office.
- We ask that you use handsanitizer before picking up cleaning supplies and using them in any of our spaces.
- All users are responsible for cleaning the keyboard, mouse and workspace of any computer they reserve & use in the CGA.
Our community health is dependent on your compliance and personal responsiblity in these matters. We reserve the right to request any patron of our spaces leave if they are not in compliance or may show symptoms of illness.
Questions? Issues? Concerns? Contact email@example.com