A success! Learn about first year highlights and what's in store for next year.
W&M values your contributions and strengths. Taking charge of your learning and professional development is vital to your success at W&M. Through the support fund, the university wants to encourage your continued growth.
This funding to support professional development was made possible by a joint proposal submitted by the Professionals & Professional Faculty Assembly and Staff Assembly, and approved by the W&M Board of Visitors.
- initial fund of $25,000 was awarded for the 2016-17 budget year
- funds available to staff and professional personnel through a formal application process
- fund is managed by [[blbengtson,Babs Bengtson]], Director, Training & Development, HR through a formal committee process
- members of the Staff Assembly actively sit on the committee
First Year Highlights (2016-17)
- over 60 applicants and over $70,000 in funds requested
- 28 applicants received awards totaling the full $25,000 (14 professionals and 14 staff)
- 45% of funds to professionals and 55% to staff
- recipients were contacted with instructions on receiving their disbursements
- recipients will complete a form indicating what was learned and how it benefits W&M
- recipients will have an opportunity to present — a great way to share successes!
Looking Ahead (2017-18)
- request for funds for 2017-18 budget year was submitted in the amount of $100,000
- will be presented to the BOV in April 2017 for approval
- increased funding would allow for at least two rounds of funding (fall and spring)
- increased funding would allow for team application in addition to individual application